47 Degrees, a global consulting firm specializing in functional programming, is always on the lookout for talented Software Engineers to lead and nurture projects involving Scala and other technologies in the Engineering and Big Data space.
Outside of our client-facing projects, open-source projects, we are heavily invested in sharing knowledge through the 47 Degrees Academy. Additionally, as part of our commitment to the community, 47 Degrees organizes Lambda World, a non-profit, bi-annual Functional Programming conference held in Cadiz, Spain, and Seattle, WA, as well as the largest Scala Meetup in the Pacific Northwest, Scala at the Sea.
Some of the job responsibilities may include:
- You'll spend most of your time working with a wide variety of clients around the globe in many different business domains as a consultant to deliver Scala-based software systems and, providing best practices to design, build and maintain scalable and robust solutions.
- Help onboard and mentor new engineers for clients and internal teams where necessary.
- Represent 47 Degrees with speaking engagements at events/seminars around the globe and virtually.
- Be a nice person and a team player.
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively in a distributed team.
- 4+ years of real, hands-on experience in Scala related work in a professional environment.
- Strong coding skills and Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience building microservices-based architectures.
- Functional programming skills.
- A desire to continually expand and refine your technical knowledge.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Ability to work with different stakeholders and drive consensus within the team.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Experience working with VCS like Git.
- Flexibility to travel to client locations around the world when the pandemic has settled down. A week or two at the start of a new engagement is common as well as some follow-up visits.
- Knowledge about Spark and Kafka is a plus.
- Familiarized with different cloud providers and their services.
- Experience with running multi-cluster Kubernetes environments.
What you can expect from us:
This role includes the flexibility to work remotely in the United States or from the Seattle office. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- A competitive salary
- Top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% employee and 50% dependent premiums paid by Company
- 401k with up to 4% company match
- Generous paid family and medical leave
- Flexibility to work on open source projects
- Company match on donations (set budget) through the 47 Degrees Cares Platform
- Continuous education support with access to training courses on the 47 Degrees Academy Platform
- Equity Incentive Plan
- All the tools you need including a MacBook, Monitor, Mouse, and Keyboard
You can also expect support from leadership and your colleagues, we love seeing our own succeed and we’ll do what we can to foster your growth and creativity. This is an exciting opportunity with a fast-growing, cutting-edge company.
47 Degrees is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please feel free to share your preferred pronouns with us during the application process.
47 Degrees does not sponsor work visas, either at the time of hire or at any later time. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete any required employment eligibility forms.