Who are Xebia?
Xebia Functional is a global consulting firm specialising in functional programming and safe software. We are always on the lookout for talented Software Engineers to lead, nurture, support and implement a variety of DevOps stacks within our client teams.
Outside of our client-facing projects, open-source projects, we are heavily invested in sharing knowledge through the Xebia Functional Academy. Additionally, as part of our commitment to the community, Xebia Functional organizes Lambda World, a non-profit, bi-annual Functional Programming conference held in Cadiz, Spain, and Seattle, WA, as well as the largest Scala Meetup in the Pacific Northwest, Scala at the Sea.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for enabling, advising, coaching and technical implementation of automation tooling and self-service platforms.
Xebia Functional Engineers:
- Work with a wide variety of clients around the globe in many different business domains.
- Create, test and provide best practices to design, build and maintain scalable, reliable and robust solutions.
- Help onboard and mentor new engineers for clients and internal teams where necessary.
- Have plenty of opportunities to share their knowledge and engage with the community at meet-ups and events around the world.
- Work in an agile development environment.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Be a nice person and a team player, with the ability to work with different stakeholders and drive consensus within the team.
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively in a distributed team.
- A desire to continually expand and refine your technical knowledge.
- Experience in running Linux servers, virtualization, and containers (Docker).
- 3+ years of real, hands-on experience in DevOps-related work in a professional environment.
- 2+ years of production experience with Kubernetes.
- 2+ years of production experience with Logging management stacks (either ELK - Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana or OpenSearch)
- Version control (GIT).
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of one or more cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure, AliCloud.
- High knowledge of cloud networking basics (TCP, DNS, routing, proxy servers, load balancers, and caches), Security (IAM, firewalls), and basic protocols (http/s, SMTP, ssh).
- Experience in at least one scripting language (Bash, Python, Ruby, etc)
- Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, AWS CDK).
- Configuration tools (Ansible Puppet).
- CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, GitLab) and Code Analysis Tooling (SonarQube)
- Monitoring (Prometheus, Nagios, Grafana, Zabbix, Monit, Datadog).
- Micro-services and API Management.
- Relational Databases (MySQL, MariaDb, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle).
- No SQL Databases (Cassandra, Redis, CouchDB, DynamoDB).
- Time series database (InfluxDB).
- Storage (S3, GCS, Snapshots, Images & Repos).
- Secrets Management (Hashicorp Vault, AWS Secrets Manager)
- High Availability & Disaster recovery architectures.
- Experience in at least one programming language (C++, Java, Scala etc).
- Experience in chaos engineering within a DevOps environment.
- Experience in AI and Machine Learning implementations in the cloud.
- Data-Driven Data Modeling.
What can you expect from us:
- A competitive salary with benefits
- Flexibility, autonomy and trust to get on with the job
- Continuous education support with access to training courses on the Xebia Functional Academy Platform
- All the tools you need including a MacBook, Monitor, Mouse, and Keyboard
- You can also expect support from leadership and your colleagues, we love seeing our own succeed and we’ll do what we can to foster your growth and creativity. This is an exciting opportunity with a fast-growing, cutting-edge company.
While the talent scarcity within IT is at an all-time high and still growing, Xebia sticks to the mission of “aiming for thought leadership”, thus working with the best professionals in the market.
At Xebia, you will get the chance to work with passionate professionals within their field of expertise. We offer more than just a job, we offer a career. We are looking forward to working with you!
Xebia is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please feel free to share your preferred pronouns with us during the application process.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United Kingdom, and to complete any required employment eligibility forms.