47 Degrees | Part of Xebia and soon to be Xebia Functional, is a global consulting firm specializing in functional programming and safe software systems. We’re always on the lookout for talented individuals to lead and nurture projects involving Scala, Kotlin, Java, and other technologies in the Back-end Engineering and Big Data space.
47 Degrees promotes and participates in diverse community projects including popular open source libraries, training events through our Academy, and D&I initiatives. Additionally, as part of our commitment to the community, 47 Degrees organizes a variety of conferences and Meetup groups across the Globe, including Scala Days, Lambda World, ScalaCon, and Scala at the Sea.
Now, we’re looking for talented people to join our Growth & Engagement Department to work in generating, engaging and qualifying leads, as well as identifying and nurturing prospects to grow the new client development pipeline globally, and ultimately participate in increasing the revenue for the company.
Main duties include:
- Leveraging and engaging in business-focused social media networks and communities, and networking strategies to increase interest in our offerings and brand.
- To convert said interest into potential leads for our sales team to develop and close.
- Managing lead generation for our North American and EMEA sales teams.
- Developing core research & understanding of our consulting services with our sales and marketing teams, to be able to articulate our value propositions to prospects.
- Identify and qualify commercial potential through initial engagement with leads and prospects to help the sales team develop a pipeline of viable opportunities.
- Triaging and prioritizing inbound leads.
- Working closely with Marketing to identify relevant content to be created (e.g. blogs, thought leadership, and other media) to attract and nurture interest from new prospects.
- Proactively reaching out to targeted contacts using diverse communication methods including social media, emails, and phone calls.
- Effectively manage the pipeline of leads with the sales team, and work with the relevant sales managers for a smooth handover of the leads.
- Take ownership of prospect engagement and ensuring interactions are communicated across sales, marketing, client services, research and consulting to ensure the sales process is handled efficiently
- Effectively and regularly report to Sales and Marketing Managers on successes and challenges to continuously assess focus of the business strategy
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Candidates must have proven experience in lead management, and qualifying sales leads.
- Strong methodology/approach to organize their time between reactive and proactive lead and prospect outreach.
- Candidates must have a proven experience in building trust with senior prospects (C-level & VP-level) along with excellent communication/presentation skills
- Be comfortable working with and presenting data driven solutions
- The successful candidate will possess strong organizational skills a results-oriented mindset
- Previous experience working for a research and consulting firm would be advantageous
- The candidate should have track record of engaging with many prospects over the phone as it is expected calls will be the primary communication tool in this role.
- Capable and confident achieving clear KPIs.
- Resilient and persistent, can demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence.
- Self-motivated, energetic, proactive, and tenacious
- Team player, with an ability to work autonomously and be resilient
- Flexibility and resourcefulness with a good level of curiosity about current affairs, macro economics, business, and global geopolitics
- Previous experience with CRM systems such as Hubspot, Salesforce and Outreach would be an advantage
- Lead Management Competencies
- Exceptional communication skills – Ability to communicate clearly and concisely whilst building rapport and trust.
- Approaches leads and prospects with a value-based approach rather than a transactional one
- Able to identify potential for revenue growth
- Understands where they are currently performing and what activities to focus on in order to meet and/or exceed targets
- Shares best practices across functional teams
What you can expect from us:
This role includes the flexibility to work on a completely remote basis in the United Kingdom. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- A competitive salary with benefits depending on location
- Collaborative opportunities to meet and work with colleagues across the globe
- Incentivised Employee Referral Programme.
- Annual company retreat
- All the tools you need including a MacBook, Monitor, Mouse, and Keyboard
You can also expect support from leadership and your colleagues. We love seeing our own succeed and we’ll do what we can to foster your growth and creativity. This is an exciting opportunity with a fast-growing, cutting-edge company.
47 Degrees is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please feel free to share your preferred pronouns with us during the application process.
47 Degrees does not sponsor work visas, either at the time of hire or at any later time. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United Kingdom, and to complete any required employment eligibility forms.