47 Degrees is a global technology consultancy specialising in functional programming and safe software. We work across the globe with a wide variety of clients in different business sectors. We are always on the lookout for talented Software Engineers to lead, nurture, support and implement a variety of DevOps stacks within our client teams.
As an organisation we are people centric and values driven, holding close our core values of Commitment, Caring, Inclusivity and Integrity. Additionally, as part of our commitment to the community, 47 Degrees organizes Lambda World, a non-profit, bi-annual Functional Programming conference held in Cadiz, Spain, and Seattle, WA, as well as the largest Scala Meetup in the Pacific Northwest, Scala at the Sea.Outside of our client-facing projects, open-source projects, we are heavily invested in sharing knowledge through the 47 Degrees Academy.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for enabling, advising, coaching and technical implementation of automation tooling and self-service platforms.
Where people and innovation in software come first!
47 Degrees engineers:
- Work with a wide variety of clients around the world in various business sectors on exciting, value added projects.
- Create, test and provide best practices to design, build and maintain scalable, reliable, and robust solutions.
- Help onboard and mentor new engineers for clients and internal teams where necessary.
- Have plenty of opportunities to share their knowledge and engage with the community at meet-ups and events around the world.
- Work in an agile development environment.
- Be a nice person and a team player, with the ability to work with different stakeholders and drive consensus within the team.
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively in a distributed team.
- A desire to continually expand and refine your technical knowledge.
- Experience in running Linux servers, virtualization, and containers (Docker).
- 3+ years of real, hands-on experience in DevOps-related work in a professional environment.
- 2+ years of production experience with Kubernetes.
- 2+ years of production experience with Logging management stacks (either ELK - Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana or OpenSearch)
- Version control (GIT).
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of one or more cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure, AliCloud.
- High knowledge of cloud networking basics (TCP, DNS, routing, proxy servers, load balancers, and caches), Security (IAM, firewalls), and basic protocols (http/s, SMTP, ssh).
- Experience in at least one scripting language (Bash, Python, Ruby, etc)
- Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, AWS CDK).
- Configuration tools (Ansible Puppet).
- CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, GitLab) and Code Analysis Tooling (SonarQube)
- Monitoring (Prometheus, Nagios, Grafana, Zabbix, Monit, Datadog).
- Micro-services and API Management.
- Relational Databases (MySQL, MariaDb, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle).
- No SQL Databases (Cassandra, Redis, CouchDB, DynamoDB).
- Time series database (InfluxDB).
- Storage (S3, GCS, Snapshots, Images & Repos).
- Secrets Management (Hashicorp Vault, AWS Secrets Manager)
- High Availability & Disaster recovery architectures.
- Experience in at least one programming language (C++, Java, Scala etc).
- Experience in chaos engineering within a DevOps environment.
- Experience in AI and Machine Learning implementations in the cloud.
- Data-Driven Data Modeling.
What you can expect from working with us!
- Flexibility, autonomy and trust to get on with the job
- Support from the Leadership Team and your colleagues, we truly believe in our community and love seeing our own succeed. We’ll do what we can to foster your growth and creativity.
- A real sense of community, purpose and how you contribute and add value
- Usual benefits for your locality
- The latest tools to do your job!
47 Degrees is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please feel free to share your preferred pronouns with us during the application process.
47 Degrees does not sponsor work visas, either at the time of hire or at any later time. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the country that they are located in, and to complete any required employment eligibility forms.